Here are four homemade cat food recipes that you can make at home to improve the nutrition of your cat. Of course, these are only four of the many recipes that are available to you on the Internet as well as books and other medium. For a little information regarding homemade cat food please visit the Make Homemade Cat Food page.
Homemade Cat Food Recipes
Chicken and Vegetable Stew
- 3 lb. chicken
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- Chicken gizzards, liver or heart
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup peas
- 1 tsp. eggshell powder
- 1000mg taurine
- Cut chicken into quarters
- Boil chicken, cut chicken pieces and insides until meat separates from bone
- Remove chicken, keeping the broth.
- Strip chicken bones of the meat and skin.
- Chop or grind chicken meat
- Return the meat to broth, adding the veggies.
- Simmer until veggies are tender
- Drain, but not completely so the food is moist still
- Sprinkle in taurine and eggshell powder and mix in
Big Baked Veggies and Sauteed Chicken Thighs
- 2 beets
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 small butternut squash
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. minced fresh herbs OR 2 tbsp. dried mixed herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage)
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs
- 1 can (3.5 oz or 100g) sardines
- Preheat to 350 F.
- Wash, peel, cut beets, sweet potato, and squash into 1 inch pieces.
- Place into small oiled baking dish and toss with about 1 tsp. of the oil.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- Let cool, mash up and mix in the herbs.
- Rinse chicken thighs and cut into strips.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In large bowl mix chicken, sardines, and veggies together.
- About ¼ cup twice a day for a medium sized cat should do it.
Sunflower Seed Mash
- 1 cup ground sunflower seeds
- 4 cans (3.5 oz or 100g each) sardines
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly
- 1/4 cup twice a day for a medium sized cat should do it
Ground Turkey with Arugula
- 3 lbs. ground turkey meat
- ½ lb. ground organ meat
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mined Arugula
- 1 tbsp. bone meat
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly.
- About ¼ cup twice a day for a medium sized cat is a good start
Note: Some cats may not like the arugula. It is perfectly okay to substitute it for other greens such as dandelion, chicory, endive, or escarole.