Cranberries’ natural acidity helps reduce the pH of your cat’s urine, which can help cure a urinary tract infection (UTI) and prevent it from occurring again in the future. Sugar content is often rather high in cranberry drinks. You can instead locate cranberries in the form of capsules (pills), supplements, or powder to include in your cat’s food.
Are there natural remedies for a cat UTI?
There are a number of natural home treatments for a cat UTI that are helpful in treating the infection. Rather than attacking the problem with antibiotics, which can lead to undesired side effects, it is recommended that medications not be used. When it comes to serious infections of the urinary system, juniper berries is an excellent treatment option.
What to do if your cat has a urinary tract infection?
- Typical examples of this category are painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- It is also possible that you may be advised to take probiotics in order to counteract the unfavorable effects of the antibiotics.
- The most effective method for preventing infections of the urinary system in a cat is to ensure that the entrance of the urinary tract is maintained clean at all times.
- Urinary tract infections may be quite painful for cats.
What can I give my Dog for a UTI at home?
- Cranberries are a well-known and efficient home remedy for treating urinary tract infections; however, because cranberry juice has a very high amount of sugar, it should not be given to dogs in the same manner that it is consumed by humans.
- Instead of other home remedies for UTIs, we suggest trying Cranimals.
- A powerful diuretic, parsley leaf can be of assistance in the process of eliminating waste from the body.