The Biggest Cats Kept as Pets in the Home
- Siberian Cat The Siberian has a squishy body and a gentle temperament, so it was almost designed to be a lap dog. Make sure there is enough place on your lap for this large kitty!
- Ragamuffin These enormous domestic cats have a face that is almost teddy-bear-like, coupled with a highly fluffy coat that comes in a variety of colors. They are known for the wide, expressive eyes that they possess.
- Ragdoll The name of these large domestic cats comes from the fact that when they are picked up, they have a propensity to become extremely submissive and limp in your arms.
Because it is the biggest breed of domestic cat, the Maine Coon cat has a very magnificent appearance. The Maine Coon is a hybrid cat that may grow to be as tall as 42 inches, much like a good number of the others on this list. They may weigh anywhere between 18 and 25 pounds thanks to their stocky physique, and some breeders will sell them for more than $1,500 if you want one.
What is the largest breed of house cat?
There are several different cat organizations that record size, in addition to other breed traits. Although these organizations do not always agree on the exact size ranking, these cats are consistently ranked towards the top of every list that compiles the largest breeds of house cats. The Maine coon is your best option if you’re looking for a truly massive feline.
Are there any big house cats that are named after cats?
Chausie and Savannah. Even though these large cats are technically not domestic house cats, many cat fanciers and some cat organizations, such as the International Cat Association, do recognize these large cats as named breeds. This is due to the fact that these large cats are hybrid crosses between domestic cats and wild cats.
What is the average size of a house cat?
- The typical weight of a domestic cat is roughly 10 pounds, although individual cats can range anywhere from less to more than that.
- There are several different cat organizations that record size, in addition to other breed traits.
- Although these organizations do not always agree on the exact size ranking, these cats are consistently ranked towards the top of every list that compiles the largest breeds of house cats.
What kind of cat should I get for my house?
Before you welcome a large house cat into your home, such as a Persian or a Maine Coon, you should definitely do your research beforehand. This is especially important if you’re considering getting a cat of a large breed.